Views
Helpful
Replies

E-mail Alerts: Change Pin + Mailbox Getting Full

Bill Hart
Level 1
Level 1

I am only 6 months into this system so please keep that in mind

Our company has 6945 handsets and Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.2ES44.22900-44. We have integration into Outlook 2010, use Jabber, and many users have smart phones where they check their voice messages through their integrated e-mail.

Simply put, users very rarely, if ever, actually log into their 6945 to check their voice messages.

That is causing me an issue.

1. Nobody knew their pin numbers were going to expire.

2. Nobody is getting an alert stating their voice message box is getting full or is full.

Is there some way I can enable e-mail alerts for this kind of stuff?

At the moment, User A will get an e-mail alert when User B's box is full, but user B has no idea that their box was close to being full or is full. That doesn't seem right.

Am I asking too much from this system? It just seems that there are so many different ways to connect, that alerts should go to all methods.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And please, if you offer a solution, give as many step by steps as possible. I can sort of navigate the system but most of the time I get lost.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Bill,

Maybe start here;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4242

Cheers!

I am a bit confused by your response James Riddle. That apperas to be related to Exchange mailbox sizes. I am talking about the phone system voice message box size.

I want the Cisco Phone Notifications to be sent to the users exchange account. Right now we get some, but I want to get others. Is there a way to enable/disable certain e-mail alerts?

I guess I don't know what is normal for Cisco phones. Like I said, when I enter my pin number on the phone itself, I get certain notifications, whether they be that my pin is about to expire or that my voice message box is getting full. I want those notifications to also be sent to me via e-mail or heck, I'd be happy if Jabber reported them too for that matter.

The fact is, users don't need to have an actual handsets to be connected to the Cisco phone system, right? So let's pretend that a user didn't even have one (a 6945 in our case). How would my users get notified of pin number changes and full voice mail boxes?

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Just wondering if you've gone through the steps listed in

this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag190.html

For the User TUI PIN, it may be easiest if you just make them "never expire" seems

like a reasonable plan if they don't even use/know them

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: