Views
Helpful
Replies

E-SRST right to use and configuration

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm struggling to make SIP E-SRST work in a remote site, and I have a doubt about multiple points :

1) The License

2) The Configuration
3) UMG module 

1) The actual activated license is the free-to-use, but we have purchased the E-SRSt license tho. after searching I found out that the perpertual license will be activated one the the trial come to an end ( can you confirm please ?, please see screenshot srst license)
another thing is that I tried to activate the normal SRST instad of E-SRST but I couldn't ( please see screenshot srst mode)

2)Configured the CUCM and Voicegateway (H323) by following the guide below :
https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-implement-cisco-unified-sip-srst/ta-p/3156033

here's my actual SRST config :

voice register global
mode esrst
no allow-hash-in-dn
system message SRST MODE
max-dn 20
max-pool 20

voice register pool 1
id network "REMOTE_IP_PHONES_NETWORK" mask 255.255.255.0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte cisco-rtp sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

sip-ua
registrar ipv4:CUCM_IP_ADDR expires 600

the only following command didn't work : registrar server expires max 600 min 60

3) I didn't receive any UMG module, i've read that E-SRST works only if this module is used, but even the normal srst didn't work for me

Can you help me please ?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The one issue I see is you are stating your GW is setup in H323 mode. With this setup, ESRST, and the voice register global commands, I believe the voice gateway needs to be setup as a SIP Trunk in CM. Otherwise, H323 mode uses the call-manager-fallback configuration.

Hi Mike,
So you mean, either I configure a sip trunk in the CM or I use Call-manager-fallback to make this work ?

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Any idea ?

Hello,

Yes - Either setup a SIP trunk to the VG, or if H323 is required, use the Call-manager-fallback code.