Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 controller and carrier delay

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're having an anniversary issue with our Telco - flapping Controllers E1. The isdn switched-type are verified correct and there's really no progress on their investigation.

The behaviour of the logs is it only takes 1 second of flap -down then up. I believe the impact is on the voice quality but i know that another second will bring the serial interface down which drops the call. i noticed this when i manually shutdown the controller and the first log show controller changed state to admin shut. then the next log appears after 2 seconds, serial interface change state to down.

Is there a way or any timer that can be adjusted so that it will ignore flaps of 1 second?

thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Did u get the media ever checked from Telco?

Ask them to connect BERT meter on either side for testing the media.

Can u share the show version,show run  and show diag from router?

regds,

aman

Hi,

They always bring PRI tester if that's what you mean. they have already upgraded their lines, fiber cables, etc but nothing really changed. Please see attached file.

I suggest you change your e1 card. Try that first before you do any other thing.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

since this is more than a year old problem, we're thinking to switch to other carriers. We have two routers at site, 8x E1s to RouterA and 6x E1s to Router B. Cabling and MUX is handled by the carrier. and all E1s flap at the same time. We're using MGCP (unfortunately where im not very familliar to troubleshoot with). my next plan is to try loopback cable. im just checking if there are other ways of troubleshooting that I missed out...

Any ideas?

Hi Paul,

can u try configuring command hwic_t1e1 equalize under one of the E1controllers and check ? this is a hidden command.

after u issue the command, shut/no shut the controller.

you can also refer the discussion for your issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4056917#4056917

regds,

aman

Thanks Amanso, appreciate it. i think it's worth a try.. and hopefully fixes it. thank you

The command suggested above is meant to correct a problem with VWIC3 and T1 circuits. it does not apply to other card, and  E1 circuits

Hi, I'm investigate for the same issue. I've 4 Cisco AS5400 HPX and XM and I have the exact flapping of 1 sec. No way to fix with provider.

Have you find a solution during these years?

I've also opened a TAC but the TAC staff reply to me that no FPGA upgrade is possible on AS5400.

Regards.