Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Non Bloacking Support Confirmation for 3945E Series

Muzammil Nakade
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Brothers,

I am  having this project for IPT inetgration with other vendors. Does the 3945(CISCO3945E-V/K9) router option support all E1 with no blocking at all? My Project requirement wants gateways to convert and route voice traffic from huawei and Nortel by doing e1/sip conversion and we need to make sure all voice channels have enough resources to be routed/converted without any queuing.

The proposed VIC cards are as follows;-

VWIC2-2MFT-G703

VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1

NM-HDV2-2T1/E1

Awaiting your repleis/reviews/supporting docs that can clear this aspect for my better udnerstanding & responses against the above.

Thx.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many E1s you need? For very density, an AS5400XM is recommended.

In any case, all and any Cisco voice gateways are "non blocking" since the beginning, about 15 years now.

Hi Paolo,

Good Day,

THX for your prompt reply . The project scope defines installation for 15 media gateway at different locations for E 1 Circuits to be migrated to the New Media Gateways from the existing Spectel Alerting/Conferencing system.

The maximum number of E 1 at a single location is 56 & minimum is 5 covered through  the project length.

Do suggest that proposed CISCO3945E-V/K9 for location with 56 E 1 circuit is configured as follows :-

VWIC2-2MFT-G703 X 8

VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 X 6

NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 X 8

Do confirm  that with this number of E1 the router will be fully finctional to deliver E1/sip conversion and we need to make sure all voice channels have enough resources to be routed/converted without any queuing.

Your guidance on above will be highly appreciated.

Thx & Regards,

Muzammil N.

As mentioned above, for such high density,, you should use AS5400XM and AS5350XM.

Not ISR G2.

Thx for the guidance will surely review the same, I want to inform you that CISCO has suggested a design for media gateway with 2 options  either  MGX8880 or 3945E voice bundle?.

But i am of view that MGX will be an overkill for this project comemrcially ?

Do suggest on above.

Thanks in advance.

Muzammil N.

I think you should talk to somebody more expert at Cisco, becase this job is tradionally done with AS5400XM, having more than 26 millions ports installed, and everybody in the industry knows that very well.

I do not recommend the MGX for this purpose. The AS5400 is Cisco leading product for high density VoIP gateway.