Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 PRI QSIG between Avaya and CIsco VG router 2811 H323

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ip phones registered with CUCM ver. 8.6 and Cisco router 2811(IOS 12.4.24T) regsitered as MGCP, this router have E1 PRI QSIG connected to avaya PBX.

the main scenario avaya phones will receive calls(company customers) then transfer it to cisco ip phones over E1 PRI QSIG, caller id of the caller(who calls avaya phone then transferred to Cisco phone) shown on cisco phones in case Cisco VG router registered as MGCP.

Incase the router resigetered as H323 or CME/SRST(in case of WAN failure) the caller ID as the previous scenario is not shown on Cisco phone, the voice gateway with cisco ip phones will be installed in remote branch and connected over WAN to CUCM 8.6 so, we need to solve caller id issue in case of WAN failure.

Can anybody help to solve caller id issue for voice gateway or CME/SRST with E1 PRI QSIG connected to Avaya PBX as the previous call scenario.

Thank

Taha

6 Replies 6

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Taha,

What digits are you seeing as the cli in SRST mode ?

What should you be seeing (same as CUCM) ?

Please give examples.

Can you also share ther config from your MGCP/SRST gateway.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

What digits are you seeing as the cli in SRST mode ?
 Avaya agent calling number and after avaya agent transfer the call, avaya agent calling number still shown on cisco ip phone.

What should you be seeing (same as CUCM) ?
Incase of cisco router registered as MGCP, calling number of the originator shown on cisco ip phone(after ayava agent transfer the call)

Please give examples.
Originator calling number(023338009) calls avaya agent(3220), this agent transfer the call to cisco ip phone 2701 over PRI E1 QSIG.

Can you also share ther config from your MGCP/SRST gateway.
kindly find attached router configuration but not updated with CME/SRST configuration only contains MGCP configuration.

Thanks

Taha

Hi,

Note that Avaya PBX sends Caller ID in facility IE message through PRI E1.

Hi Taha,

Sorry for the long delay.

Could you have a look at this link re your qsid link to the Avaya.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/dial/command/reference/dia-cr-book/dia_i2.html#wp1012311

In first instance you could try

!
int ser 0/1/1:15
isdn incoming ie redirecting-selection first
!

You may also need to look at

isdn incoming ie channel-id accept-qsig-variant

Your commands will be ignored when the mgcp is up but
should be effective in SRST mode.

Have a test

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

I tested with isdn incoming commands but i face the same issue, caller id of transferred calls doesn't appear.

Regards,

Taha

Hi Taha,

Can you try adding the following.

!
voice service voip
qsig decode
supplementary-service h450.7
!
voice service pots
supplementary-service qsig call-forward
!

I am afraid I am stuck if this does not resolve the issue.

Have a look at this document re AVAYA to CME(That waht you are in fallback)
using E1 QSIG.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmetrans.html

Thesre are a few unsupported features - pleae read.

Regards
Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: