Views
Helpful
Replies

E1/T1 link between CUCM 7 and CUCM 8

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

is anyone able to help/advise on the following?

I have a CUCM 7 and a CUCM 8, I need to setup an E1/T1 link between the 2 callmanagers

the CUCM 7 is connected to a Cisco 2821 which has an E1 PRI card and the Cisco CUCM 8 is connected to a Cisco 2811 with also an E1 PRI card.

the callmanagers is literally in the same room but because I work for a telephony company that tests our own devices with Cisco we need to set this link up between the two call managers. We have a SIP trunk setup but also need E1 between the two.

I understand that both routers need to be configured for MGCP.

if anyone could help or advise I'd be most greatful

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You actually have to use H.323 or SIP because to my knowledge, MGCP does not supports ISDN network side.

Beside that, have you considered engaging a certified cisco partner or reputable consltuant to have this (and other) problems solved quickly ?

Hi Paolo,

First of all many thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Are you able to send me a link to some information that can confirm what you have just said about ISDN not being supported on MGCP?

The strange thing is that the CUCM 7 side of things under Gateways on the CUCM web interface says that the interface is registered.

I'll attach a screen shot of what I see and also the config from the Cisco 2821.

The answer to your other question - Yes we could get a Cisco engineer in to help us but we like to give it our best effort at resolving our problems 1st and then if all fails we contact Cisco.