Views
Helpful
Replies

E164 Dial Plan with noncontinuous DIDs

kvallis01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I'm looking at revising the dial plan on our CUCM cluster. We've experienced considerable growth, and the 4 internal digit dial plan that's currently deployed is no longer scalable.  

I'm looking at converting to a E164 based plan and forcing OnNet routing, but running into a problem with noncontinuous DIDs. At many (but not all) of our sites, users have DIDs but our Telco handed out numbers adhoc, and not in continuous blocks. So my organization may own, for example:

+1-700-555-1234 and +1-700-555-1236 but not +1-700-555-1235.

All the ways I've thought about setting this up are messy and really unworkable

As anyone else had a similar problem, and been able to overcome it? Or am I better looking at another way to build my dial plan. 

2 Replies 2

sps210001
Level 1
Level 1

I thought about doing the same thing for my company.

We are in the same boat as you.

Unfortuantely we have to translate everything that comes in from our CUBE to a 4 digit internal extension and they DID's are all over the place. 

I basically had to create a CSS for each location and add 3 partitions to that CSS. 

Our GlobalPhones-P partition houses all of our internal DN's. 

Regular MASKED-P

RP: 9.1XXXXXXXXXX would translate to the sites external BTN

RP: 9.XXXXXXXXXX would translate to the sites external BTN

RP: 9.XXXXXXX is blocked to force 10 digit dialing (Since SIP does not like to play nice with 7 digit dialing

EMERGENCY-P

RP: 9.911 would translate to the sites external BTN

RP: 911 would translate to the sites external BTN

Then These 2 partitions along with GLOBALPHONES-P exist in the sites CSS

So there really is no clean way of doing a nice internal dial-plan. 

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I might be missing some of the complexity you are describing but if you have for example:

+1-700-555-1234  and you currently have 1234 as the line extension.  why dont you make the line's extensions  +1-700-555-1234  and make sure your CUBE/Voice gateway translates the incoming called number to full E164. the point it to your CUCM.

please rate if helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: