Views
Helpful
Replies

e164-pattern-map

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

Now that 15.2 is in an 'M' state I took a look at the release notes and the new e164-pattern-map feature caught my eye. Ostensibly, you can use a single dial-peer in CUBE to match a whole list of potential destination-patterns by pointing the router a URL containing a file which has the numbers the dial-peer should match.  This seems like a fantastic feature and I am interested in trying it out.  I do have an issue however...

Here is the excerpt from the example section.

Example: Multiple Destination Pattern Support on a Voice Dial Peer

voice class e164-pattern-map 11  
  url http://http-host/config-files/destination-pattern-map.cfg
  e164 5557456  
description it has 5 entries
!
dial-peer voice tag voip system
destination e164-pattern-map 1131    
!
voice class e164-pattern-map load 2543 
!

My question for all of you, including any Cisco BU team members, is the following: "What is the format of the destination-pattern-map.cfg" file?  Is it comma delimited, tab delimted, or just numbers with CR/LF?   Can I use wildcard patterns or regular expressions?  Any required column headers? 

I've done a search of CCO and I cannot find anything in the obvious places.  Is there a slide deck or some other resource someone could share?

Thank you in advance.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Latamore
Level 1
Level 1

The file format is that of a regular text file.  The destination patterns are entered one on each line.  Comment lines have a exclimation before them.  You would use the same destination-pattern values and wildcards that you would for the destination-pattern field on a dial-peer in IOS.  Here is a config example:

! Comment line

91[1-9]..[1-9]......

+1234

9011.T

9876$

The file can be loaded from/via HTTP, TFTP, FTP, flash or bootflash via the URL statement.  Unfortunatley I was not able to find any public facing docs that actually defined this.

Once you load the defined map you can check it with the command "show voice class e164-pattern-map XXX"

Here is the link to the config document on this feature, though it is missing some of the above info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_fund/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/vd-mdp-dialpeer.html

BTW, this feature is available on both the ASR and ISR platforms for CUBE Enterprise.

If this answers your question please mark it as answered.  If not, please post a follow up.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Andrew Latamore
Level 1
Level 1

The file format is that of a regular text file.  The destination patterns are entered one on each line.  Comment lines have a exclimation before them.  You would use the same destination-pattern values and wildcards that you would for the destination-pattern field on a dial-peer in IOS.  Here is a config example:

! Comment line

91[1-9]..[1-9]......

+1234

9011.T

9876$

The file can be loaded from/via HTTP, TFTP, FTP, flash or bootflash via the URL statement.  Unfortunatley I was not able to find any public facing docs that actually defined this.

Once you load the defined map you can check it with the command "show voice class e164-pattern-map XXX"

Here is the link to the config document on this feature, though it is missing some of the above info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_fund/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/vd-mdp-dialpeer.html

BTW, this feature is available on both the ASR and ISR platforms for CUBE Enterprise.

If this answers your question please mark it as answered.  If not, please post a follow up.  Thanks!

Can you elaborate on the e164 keyword under the map is used for?

If you are loading patterns from a url source, why is a e164 pattern needed also? 

You have 2 choices, you can define the destinations directly in the configuration, or reference the file from flash.

Chris

Thanks for the clarification on the e164 keyword. That is what I figured, just wanted to double check as the documentation wasn't great. 

Hey Chris,

Would you be able to let me know how we can also specify where to send the calls as well please?

e.g. if I have a certain number range (say) "98[1-8]..$" and I wanted to send that to the CUCM server at 10.1.1.1 but then I had a call (say) "87[1-9]..$" which I wanted to send to "10.2.1.1" , how would I create the config file to also include the destination, so that I wouldn't have to include that in the router config under dial-peer as "session target ipv4:x.x.x.x" and can manage it from the config file directly?

Thanks,

Farbod

Session targets are only defined under dial-peers.  So if you have 2 possible destinations they you need 2 dial-peers.  The e164 pattern map is for defining multiple, non-contiguous destination patterns to send calls to a single destination.  Session targets are not a part of the e164 pattern map, and can not be defined there.

To expand on what Chris said, the 'url source' seems to be any valid source in IOS which could be TFTP, FTP, or HTTP, as well as referencing local flash.   This means that the file containing the destination-patterns could be centralized if you have SIP Trunks spanning multiple ISR/ASR UBE gateways. However, for most single SIP Trunks it is probably best to keep in on the local flash drive. 

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

nizarkotakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to apply FAC for a user, but only for the calls begin with the digit 0 (for international) . All the calls beginning with any other digit should go without asking FAC.

I am giving my dial peer configuration below.

dial-peer voice 124 pots
 trunkgroup ALL_T1E1
 corlist outgoing call-international
 description **CCA*INTERNIONAL**
 translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
 preference 3
 destination-pattern 9[0-9]T
 forward-digits all
 no sip-register
!

I want to aplly the setting for the user using this dail peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: