cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy way to delete all voicemails w/o wiping out account

lcnorwood
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who has a read reciept on each voicemail she leaves, and she leaves a lot of them.   She's got 200+ reciepts, and we need an easy way to clear them all out without wiping out her account and re-creating (Which she's okay with, I'm not)

Any thoughts on how I can easily clear this out?   Would be a lifesaver.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The quickest way to do this would be from Unity Inbox or set up an IMAP account (temporarily) and delete them there.  If you want to turn this off and you're using Unity, check out this blog:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/why-do-i-have-return-receipts-in-my-voicemail-when-i-call-into-unity-.html?blogger=David+Hailey

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I'm with you so far.  Being this the first time I've IMAP'd into  unity, what would be the syntax I use for  the username/password?

User's extension and numeric vm password?

user's AD login/password, etc?

Thanks!

It would be the user's Exchange alias/password - in a voice-mail only configuration, this would be a separate (non-corporate) account. In a Unified Messaging deployment, this would be the user's corporate credentials.

If you go the Unity Inbox route, just make sure the user has rights to PCA and Unity Inbox (via a Class of Service) and login via AD login/password to access PCA and Unity Inbox. You can manage messages from there.

Hailey

Forgive my ignorance, but is PCA something that is a licensed feature?   If so, I don't think my client is licensed for it.  Also, when running a port scan, I don't see the imap port open or service running on the unity server.

A few things:

PCA is Personal Communications Assistant. It's similar to the CCM User functionality for CUCM but provides web-based VM access. It is not "licensed" to my knowledge. However, you have to enable ability to access it within the Class of Service to which a user(s) are assigned. The URL will be http(s):///ciscpca and you login from there.

IMAP - Are you running Unity voice-mail only (standalone exchange, etc)? I'll assume you are. Otherwise, you could likely delete all of the return receipts directly in the user's Outlook today. So, you won't configuring IMAP to the Unity server itself. You will be setting up an IMAP folder to the Exchange server (Unity's Partner Server). You may need to turn on some services for this in Exchange...but can definitely be done.

Hailey

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Larry/Hailey,

Just thought I might add this info to the great info from Hailey (+5 Hailey) 

Cisco Unity Inbox Option not Available in Cisco PCA

Introduction

Sometimes, the Cisco Unity Inbox option does not show up in the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA) application. This document describes how to troubleshoot this issue.

Components Used

The information in this document is based on Cisco Unity 4.x and later.

Problem

When you access the Cisco Personal Communications Assitant (PCA)application, the Cisco Unity Inbox option does not appear in the PCA application.

Solution

You need a license to use Cisco Unity Inbox. So, choose Cisco Unity Tools depot > Administration tools > License info viewer in order to make sure that you have the sufficient license.

Also, choose System > Licensing > License Counts in order to confirm that the number of subscribers does not exceed the number of licenses.

After you complete the previous steps, choose Subscribers > Class of Service > Features Page and check the Cisco Unity Inbox (Visual Messaging Interface) box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080af812d.shtml

Cheers!
Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: