Views
Helpful
Replies

EasyVPN 871 and ASA5510 Audio Issues with 7961

jaime.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have setup an easyVPN connection between an remote home user (871w) and a corporate office (ASA5510).  Everything works fine but his IP Phone which is a 7961.  The phone registers with CUCM 7.1 without any issues.  Issue occurs when the user call other people within the office.  There is no audio and the call drops after about 15 seconds.  I am able to ping CUCM from from the 871 and also when I use IP Communicator on the users desktop the audio is fine.  Seems I am possibly missing something on the config on the 871.  Can someone please assist?

Thanks,

Jaime

Basic Config attached

2 Replies 2

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

Jaime, did you ever find a resolution for this.  We are having the same issue.  Thanks.

Sean,

To resolve the issue, we implemented IP SLA's on the 871 to send an icmp packet to the gateway, always keeping a sa with the voice network:

ip sla 10

icmp-echo 192.168.1.1 source-interface Vlan1

ip sla schedule 10 life forever start-time now

Add multiple ip sla's if needed.  The source interface needs to be the interface your phone is on.  This will send a ping from the 871 to the voice gateway once every minute, ensuring that the sa stays up.  We've been using this method for a few months and haven't had this issue since.