Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing 8961 softkey.

LewisWang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just got my hands on 8961. Unlike the 79 series, i am having some difficulties trying to edit the soft keys from the call manager. Any experts out there that could lend a hand? The user manual mentioned only about editing the phone templete and did not mention the softkey.

10 Replies 10

LewisWang
Level 1
Level 1

mod please delete this post.

There are 'almost' no mods here, posts are deleted only for serious reasons.

Even if you posted in error there is no problem at all.

Thanks for the heads up.

Still I need a solution to my question..

That is covered in the phone administration guide.

Configuring Feature Control Policies

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english/admin_guide/9971usr.html#wp1084005

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

I'm getting this from the hyperlink.

Forbidden File or Application

The file or application you are  trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to  access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are  granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application  basis.

I had tried this though,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971usr.html

it does not explain how to modify the softkey.

I tried both links and they work fine, it must be something on your end or with your browser.

Search CCO for 8961 + Administration guide, then once you find it,  go to the "Configuring Features, Templates, Services,  and Users" chapter.

Configuring Feature Control Policies

You can limit the appearance of some telephony features on the  Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 by enabling or disabling  these features in the feature control policy configuration. When you  disable a feature in the feature control policy configuration for a  phone, you restrict the user's access to the feature and the softkeys  associated with the feature does not display on the phone.

To create a Feature Control Policy, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 From Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Administration, choose Device > Device  Settings > Feature Control Policy.

The Find and List Feature Control Policy window displays.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

yenlung
Level 1
Level 1

Pls use the button button template to configure the features.

You could configure 4 features on the 4 feature button. 1 for dn.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HI yenlung,

I am referring the softkey, not the feature button. What I am asking is the possibility to modify softkey like the 79 series.

Hi Lewis,

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 does not use softkey templates in Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration.

Thanks!

Hi Lewis,

There is hard button on the lower right corner of the phone with an arrow pointing to a man (symbol). That hard button is a button which can be used for transfering calls.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: