cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing Cisco Phone Directories

mbasiouny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody, I was wondering if there's a way to change the order of the search criteria within the Directory Search in Cisco phones.
By default First name comes first, but I do want to change this behavior, I want Last name then Firstname "See the attached File"

Thank you in advance.
Безымянный.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi mbasiouny,

You can check a similar thread here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043079

HTH

Regards

Nitesh Sinha

PS: Pl rate helful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Basically i don't thin there is an option to change or modify the display (first name, last name) order in directory search in linux callmanager versions, in windows callmanager version it was possible by modifying some .asp files (even here it is a workaround and not a supported option). The file used on Linux versions is xmldirectory.jsp and i think the access to this file is blocked.

If you still want this you can either open a TAC case to do more research on this , if not possible you may need to have your account manager submit a feature request to product management team as TAC can only handle issues working as per design.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi mbasiouny,

You can check a similar thread here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043079

HTH

Regards

Nitesh Sinha

PS: Pl rate helful posts

Thanks alot Nitesh, you saved my day

I added additional fields to the script which allow the users to search using Telephone Number, but for  some reason I cannot use Numpad, the script accepts only letters.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

Regards

mbasiouny
Level 1
Level 1

Solved

Changing the T in the XML file has done the magic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: