cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EFA (Enterprise Feature Access Two-Stage Dialing)

Hi all,

I am trying implement the EFA (Enterprise Feature Access Two-Stage Dialing) functionality, for which I am using the following guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1245097, but it doesn't work correctly, when I call to DDI number, the call is terminated after 5 seconds. The ingress port is a PRI-NET5 over MGCP Gateway.

I have decided to implement EFA rather than MVA (Mobile Voice Access) because we don't have a GW H323.

Can you tell me if some settings must be done in the GW or what could be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan,

Personally, I would prefer MVA over EFA, as MVA plays an IVR while EFA doesn't. In EFA, you would need to remember all the dtmf digits to enter continuously, with no prompt instructing you what to do.

You can use MGCP using hairpinning to get MVA working : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1126351

- You can copy the IP address of an MGCP gateway, and configure that IP address to be an H.323 gateway on CUCM

- Create a route pattern on CUCM, to re-route the MVA call coming in through the MGCP gateway, to the dummy H.323 gateway

- Create 2 voip dial peers, one incoming for the MVA number, and one outgoing to CUCM for the final call, on the dummy H.323 gateway

If you are running 7.1.3 version of CUCM or higher, the VXML script needed for MVA is supported for SIP too.

---

Let me know if you would like to use EFA or MVA, at this point.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Thank you very much for your help and explication.

We understand the differences of use with respect EFA, but we don't have a H323 GW, so we wish implant EFA Feature. Also, we only use the service to do call, so it isn't necesary that the end user know all dmtf digits.

Currently we have EFA implemented, but the calls to EFA DDI is terminated after 5 seconds.

Is it possible use EFA with MGCP GW?  Is it required any configuration in the MGCP GW?

Thanks!

Best Regards.

Hi Juan,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1324069

Note Enterprise  Feature Access provides the same functionality as Mobile Voice Access  but does not support the IVR component. Also, Enterprise Feature Access  does not require configuration of the H.323 gateway nor VXML.

So, I believe that EFA can work with MGCP.

- Can you clarify on what you meant by "we only use the service to do call, so it isn't necesary that the end user know all dmtf digits." ? What's the call flow ? Please elaborate on every step.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: