cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Eliminate Call Manager Migration Downtime?

mhardyuop
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating a company over on one call manager cluster using new hardware. I am migrating from 4.1.3 to 7.0. The customer has a 24/7/365 support center. What can I do to eliminate any downtime for the incoming DID calls on the PRI(s) so that the support center can stay up during the cutover window? Is there any workaround that anyone can think of?

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

This server is using IPCC agents or regular IP Phones?

Are you planning to use same IP addresses for new cluster?

No IPCC, all regular phones.

Different IP addresses for the new servers.

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

You can do parallel installation with new cluster, then implement simple hunt group for temporary support center. then you should switch PRI to new system, reconfigure IPCC and after that disable hunt group and use IPCC.

If you do it in proper way downtime should be less than one minute.

--

regards,

PK

We are not using IPCC.

Does what you are suggesting still apply?

We are using different IP addresses for the new cluster.

If you are using only hunt groups that is even easier, you can build parallel system with support contact center phones registered, switch PRI and then migrate all other phones.

Of course you configure trunk between new and old cluster and using Call Forward Not Registered migrate phone by phone with very small delays just for phone registration to new cluster. It's a little bit harder but maybe suitable for your situation.

--

regards,

PK

Thank you PK, I do not see any hunt groups either so I suppose I need to talk to the PRI provider and see what is going on. Can you please send me a link to where I can find the guide to placing one cluster behind the other and what I exactly need to setup to make this phased migration approach work.

Thank you

Monica

One question: How do you provide 24/7 support without IPCC and hunt groups?

You need to do detailed plan your migration yourself basing on configuration and customer requirements.

regards,

PK

PK,

I have a detailed plan that did not include this support group because I couldn't find anything in the system. That is why I posted because I thought I was missing something. Really the only thing defined in call manager for this are dummy phones and user's for this support team that login to ccmuser and forward their phones for the coverage. I am trying to figure out how this support is implemented as well.

-Monica

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: