cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ELM showing as CUC Basic instead of CUWL

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have ELM Version: 9.1.1.20000-5, running coterm on the cucm pub.  I have cuwl licenses loaded, and have PI's for both CUCM and CUC.  Sychrnoziation status is good.

License Management / Licenses  shows that CUWL Standard licenses were purchased, but Dasboad shows as being Basic messaging, rather than CUWL standard messaging.

This is causing my cuc server to show licenses as expired and stop working.

anyone know of a way to fix this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Does the Alias of the mailbox in CXN match the username of an End User license being consumed by CUCM? For example, if the Owner User ID is jsmith on a phone in CUCM, the mailbox alias must also be jsmith for the same license to be utilized. What I see most often is people forget to set Owner User ID at all, which then counts as an Unassociated Device (CUCM Admin > System > Licensing).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Hi,

In addition to what Mr. Jonathan has said, try that as well.

Also,this means you have purchased 58 CUWL standard messaging users and should have same value in all 3 fields including BAsic messaging. that is what the bug says even though license usage is correct.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Basic Messaging is addon feature which needs to be purchased while with CUWL Standard ,messaging is provided by default which seems to be in your case.

Can u share the snapshot from Call Manager and Unity Connection for ELM?

also,if possible provide snapshot of ordered BOQ to cisco.

regds,

aman

Hello balitewiczp

I am running through the same problem.

Can you tell me how you fixed your problem i am attaching the screen shot from my ELM 9.1

Hi Anis,

what I can see that u have purchased CUWL Standard messaging licenses and not Basic?

You have assigned messaging functionality to  213 users  [136 borrowed from Upper Tier i.e CUWL Std. messaging and running short of 77]

regds,

aman

Thank you aman,

I just saw your reply.

Kindly clear my doubt please,

As you said we have purchased 136 CUWL Standard Messaging, Does it mean only CUWL Standard Messaging license will provide VM feature ? What about the Basic (9.x) 260 license of CUCM ? will it not cover VM feature ? As i believe CUCM Basic license do support VM feature ?

I have attached BoQ.

Regards

Hi Anis,

with UCL Basic , VM is supported but it needs to be ordered separately as ADD-ON.

with CUWL Standard/Professional,it is supported by default.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

regds,

aman

Thank you aman,

So, in my case VM is not been ordered as Add-on for UCL Basic ?

Is there any difference between Basic (9.x) & Basic Messaging (9.x) or both are same ?

Can we do workaround as Jonathan suggested "if the Owner User ID is jsmith on a phone in CUCM, the mailbox alias must also be jsmith for the same license to be utilized " ?

Sorry to ask you basics & repeating

Regards

Hi Anis,

I can see in discussion u asked the difference but I won't be able to help on this.

regds,

aman

No Problem Aman,

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Gents,

I am still facing license violation issue in unity connection 9.

I did configure owner user in all users.

can any body tell me from attached BoQ that how many users should have Voice Mail functionality ?

Is it 136 only ?

Hi Anis,

what I can see from BOQ is that u have purchased CUWL Essential Licenses for 136 users which comes by default with Messaging functionality?

Now, CUWL Standard messaging has basic messaging.As per the bug, https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum28544 , it should show same values for Basic and standard messaging i.e. required, installed and unused.

Now, since this is the bug, so it is showing like this.

You need to purchase 46 more CUWL Standard/BAsic  messaging licenses , so that it is in "IN COMPLIANCE".

But I am confused about these 94 users 

UCXN-9X-UWL-BE

did u upload the lic for this as well in ELM?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thank you for explaination.

regarding UCXN-9X-UWL-BE license for 49 Users, i uploaded the file which i got from license team only & i am assuming the license should cover UCXN-UWL-BE licenses as well.

Incase, if its not added in my current license file, what should i say to license team  to issue me UCXN-9X-UWL-BE ? I mean UCXN-9X-UWL-BE part number is for which kind of license ?

Hi Anis,

You can share the snaphot from ELM along with 136 users  and 49 users messaging licenses to licensing@cisco.com and ask them whether the provided license file contains only for 136 users or for both.

I doubt it is only for 136 users.

regds,

aman 

Alright,

I will talk to them & will update you.

Much appreciated your help.

Regards,

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

In addition to the good notes from our friend Aman (+5 "A")

I might look into this bug;

ELM: License Required/Usage value incorrect for CUWL Licenses

CSCum28544

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: