Replies

EM issues after Callmanager upgrade

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Our callmanager was running 6.1.x and then I upgraded this to 7.1.5

Everything was working fine.

A week later I upgraded this to 8.5.1, from tat moment on we had issues with extension mobility.

When you would press the services button, on older phone's (7940) you would get the EM menu and you can login.

On the newer phone's (7941 and 7970) you can not see the EM service, so you can select this.

Also the select button was not there, only the exit button.

After some troubleshooting it turned out to be a firmware issue, I downgraded the 7941,s and 7970's to 8.5.4S and EM worked perfectly again.

Has anyone seen this?

Remember this was an upgrade, maybe with a new install of CM 8.5.1 you would not have this.

JH

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jan,

It's quite likely that this issue was all related to the fact that the IP Phone

Firmware would have automatically been upgraded during the migration to

CUCM 8.5(1).

So it may be a bug on whatever Firmware was loaded on 8.5,  it probably

would be evident on both upgrades to and new installs of any CUCM build

that uses this firmware. I'm guessing it was a 9.1 firmware on the 7941's

but if you can tell us the exact version we might be able to locate the bug

or determine the change in functionality

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Next week I shall upgrade my own 7941 (step by step) to 9.1.1 and see where (and if) it goes wrong.

For the moment it seems a firmware problem, or a very strange issue related to upgrading to 8.5.1

I shall also reinstall a spare MCS server with 8.5.1 from scratch and see how this goes.

Thanks for your reply

Bye,

Jan

jtgutierrez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir,

I have upgrade CCM from 7.1 to 8.5.1 last week and noticed the same issues today.

I have checked from Phone Services to Enterprise Parameters.

Fix that I did is to downgrade phone firmwares from 9.1.1 to 8.5.2Sr1.

Anyone who can explain why 9.X firmware did this issue please do inform me.

Thanks,

Joseph

Thanks for posting the fix for this issue Joseph.

IDOL

Hello,

I had the same experience today ...

Do you know it it's fixed in a new firmware ? which one ?

for the moment, I will downgrade the 7941 to the firmware 8.5.2

Oh, did you have the same problem with other type of phones ? 7942 ? ...

Thanks you in advanc,e

Thierry

Hello Thierry,

Yes, 7911/7940/60/7942/62 all downgraded to 8.5.2 firmware solved the issue

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One other thing to point out, the phone models you mentioned that are having a problem on the 9.1 firmware all support HTTPS phone services while the phones that are not having a problem (7040/60) do not so they will continue to use HTTP instead of HTTPS for phone service connections.  By downgrading the firmware to a version that does not support HTTPS for phone services you're making all phones work like 7940/60's which cannot use HTTPS.  Here's the note in the 9.0.2 firmware release notes about this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_0_2/english/release/notes/7900_902SR1.html#wp186983.

If you wanted to get things working on the 9.1 firmware just upgrade one phone and when you try and access a phone service check the phone console logs, you'll likely see an SSL error which would indicate a problem with the Trust Verification Service which is used to validate the certificate presented by call manager to the phone for the HTTPS connection.