cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EM login time on 7960's and 7911 excessive. CUCM 7.1.5

rfawns
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced an excess login time when using extension mobility on 7960's and 7911. When using 7940's it flips over in about 3 second. When using a 7960, it does change DN quickly, but then goes through a sequence of "obtaining IP address", "checking for CM" and "applying softkey template", before actually settling with the configured UDP, this takes about 15 - 20 seconds. When using a 7911, it presents the screen as if it is loading new software - but doesn't, then changes, again this may take about 20 seconds to complete.

I have tried changing the phone load on the 7960 to the most recent but no difference.

8 Replies 8

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The IP Phones are on the same site?

Did you check the bug tool kit?

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi.

Thanks for the response.

All 7960's and 7911's are effected regardless of where they are in the network/site, but 7940's on various sites are OK.

I did check the bug toolkit but found nothing.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think this sounds like your phones are resetting instead of retarting at EM login/out

On this link :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#p-3

After a login or logout is performed, the phone resets instead of restarting.
•Problem: The phone uses DNS to resolve the Cisco CallManager name.

•Solution: Change System > Server name to an IP address. Reset the phone and try the login/logout procedure again.

Regards
Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for a reply, but all our CM's are IP addresses and not names, and doesn't explain the difference between 7960's and 7940's.

Thanks

Rod

rfawns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have resolved the lengthy login time, by making sure the USER LOCALE was set to English UK on all devices. This is a v7 migration from v4 so most devices are set to English US, but the default in our v7 is set for English UK, and the login/logout issue is due to it changing locales.

Regards.

Rod

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We experienced the same problem in our organisation:

On all nodes in the CUCM cluster:

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

This caused exactly the same issues as you were having.

May come in handy for some readers.

Regards

Imran

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the reply.

Did restarting the tomcat service resolve the problem or did you have to change the locales as well?

Regards,

Rod

restarting the tomcat service worked perfectly for us, but the default system locale is configured as English UK, not english US as you stated.

Tip: Cisco tomcat is repeatedly seen as the most troublesome service that runs on a cisco call manager.

Glad to hear you fixed it though.

I am quite new to the phone system world - we run cucm, uccx and cisco unity connection now  - and with all this learning - im loving it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: