Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EM mobility and ANI issue

We are facing issue with EM mobility and ANI. Let me describe my issue--

We have two site with EM mobility enabled-Site A and Site B.User A belong to site A with internal ext 1234 and external number mask 5XXX. User B belong to site B with internal ext 2345 and external number mask 6XXX. When user A roam to site B and login on of the phone belong to site B through EM and try to dial PSTN number it shows wrong ANI display of user A. It show that call is coming from Main number of site B that is 6000(Main PRI number of Site B). But it should shows that call is coming from 5234 that is actual external number of User A.

I know this is happening because Site B physical phone use local voice gateway to call outside and i can remove that by changing Device pool on Site B phone  to use Device pool of Site A phone. But changing device pool every time is not solution. Can anyone let me know the solution so it should be done automatically ? Is there any way we can resolve this without changing device pool of site B phone ? Can we resolve this issue by using E.164 ?

Note-Sending calls out of a gateway with the ANI of another gateway is not  permitted . 

10 Replies 10

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SiteA and SiteB is having same CUCM cluster or different cluster (/EMCC)?

Site A and Site B are in same CUCM cluster. My Issue is that Sending calls out of a gateway with the ANI of another gateway is not  permitted in my case.

Well in this case and you already mentioned in your initial thread that ANI of UserA won't be allowed to send it over SiteB gateway, there are only two choices available;

1. Call goes over WAN from SiteB to SiteA so that ANI can be preserved but here you don't want to consume bandwidth.

2. Call goes to local gateway of SiteB but will have to compromise with ANI since SiteB TELCO won't allow out-of-range ANI.

Madhav, 

This is working as expected. Your telco will not pass Ani for a number that is not in the DDI range of the ISDN trunk used to make a call.. 

There is no work around for this. 

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

What you are looking for is called device mobility. Device mobility works based on subnets. It will check the subnet of the calling endpoint and accrodingly allocate the right device pool which has the right CSS which should match the right translation and routing rules.

Please look in cucm features and services guide and tou find full details 

Mohammed EM and Device mobility are two different thing. I am not taking the case of Device mobility here. Even if with device mobility and local route group,User A will have site B gateway for outgoing calls.If i do not use the feature of local route group and points route to Site A gateway when User A is in Site B and want make PSTN call then first call has to route to Site A on WAN then it will hit Site A gateway. Nobody wanna waste WAN in this case.

I think I misunderstood your question. After reading it again, i can think about the following:

I guess that you are sending 5234 to gateway and to telco. You need to confirm this. If this is case and telco is overriding the ani because it isnt expecting it then I dont think u can change this behaviour since it is changed by telco.

The only way is to carry the calls over wan to site A or change ANI to site B range

Thanks Mohammed for answer. You are correct about -"telco is overriding the ani because it isnt expecting it".  Is this same case with device mobility ? 

Hi,

Device mobility will change device pool dynamically and will send the call over WAN to site A

In this case call will go out of siteA gateway and problem will be fixed.

Mohammed,

I don't see how device mobility comes into play here. The actual device has not moved. Its IP address remains the same. Its just a user logging to the device. So as far as CUCM is concerned the device is still in its home location.

Please rate all useful posts