Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email notification from unity connection

Does anyone know if the email notification feature is turned in unity connection, once a voicemail is left for a user can that email notification be delivered to email or that company domain?  For instance if you have John Doe that works for ABC company with email JohnDoe@abccorp.com and would like to get an email sent outside of the abccorp domain when a voicemail is left for them, is that possible or does it need to stay in that abccorp domain only?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can send it to any email, but you need an SMTP server to perform the relay to any external email you want.

Review the chapter on the CUC guides on notifications for further information on available options.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the reply, would I find the information or the chapter that you are talking about by searching that topic here on the community or where would I find that information?

I set this up and I can get the notification to go to the email account that is off of the domain but it is only giving the email with information about the call, caller phone number and time. The audio file is not getting sent in the email notification. Since it is going to another email domain will it not send the audio file that was created for the voicemail?

As probably in Jaime's reply - you'd set up a single inbox integration which is more complicated, or set the message action to either relay (all mail shunts to specified address) or accept and relay (stays on system and tosses a copy to the email specified)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: