cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC and Emergency (911) access

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a customer who wants to set up EMCC between two clusters.  Each cluster supports 100+ separate geographic locations. 

In setting this up in the lab and reviewing the documentation, I'm running into what appears to be a very serious limitation.  I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding this, or if this truly is the way it works.

For some bizarre reason, an EMCC user logging into a phone in the visiting cluster is assigned to the same device pool REGARDLESS of the location of the phone within the visiting cluster.  And the device pool is defining the adjunct CSS (used to reach 911).

Is this right?  I can't understand why anyone would define this in this manner because with a single device pool (and a multi site cluster), there is absolutely no way to get a 911 call out the proper gateway (in my case choosing from 100 different local route groups for 100 different locations).  Seems to me that the 911 CSS should be driven by the device pool of the phone when it's not logged into EMCC, or I should be able to pull a different device pool for EMCC based on a geofilter matching with the physical phone geolocation, but I see no way to do this.

Has anyone else done this?  How did you address this issue?

TIA

Cliff

1 Reply 1

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Clifford,

It looks like you haven't created EMCC Device pools in your cluster for each of this Geolocations.

Below is the brief explanation of the EMCC process to be followed for your issue:-

The Geolocation sent by the Visiting Cluster is used by the Home Cluster to determine which Device Pool to assign to the new device, it does this by using the assigned EMCC Geolocation Filter in the EMCC Feature Configuration and matching the result to a Device Pool that has the matching Filtered Geolocation. If no match is made EMCC will use the Device Pool configured in the Bulk Management EMCC Template. The Home Cluster then creates the device in its database, applies the EM profile and performs change notification throughout the Cluster. The Home Cluster then sends the EMCC TFTP addresses to the Visiting Cluster.

Emergency Calls:

In order to allow Emergency calls to be placed out the devices local gateway, EMCC introduces the concept of an Adjunct CSS. The Adjunct CSS together with the line CSS and the Device CSS ( in this case the Extension Mobility Cross Cluster CSS specified on the Users Device Profile ) form a concatenated CSS list of Adjunct,Line, Device CSS's. This is a priority order of patterns should there be an exact match in another CSS.

The Adjunct CSS is applied to the EMCC Device Pool on the Home Cluster. This provides for extra patterns to allow for the difference in each clusters emergency dialing habits. When an EMCC

logged in device hits a Route Pattern that routes to the Standard Local Route Group the calling information is sent to the Visiting Cluster via the EMCC SIP Trunk. The Visiting Cluster then performs Digit Analysis for the call based on the EMCC CSS parameter ( this can either be Original device CSS or Trunk CSS )."

Route List / Route Group:

In order to provide for Emergency calling, a single Route List (need not create multiple RL/RG) needs to be created that contains Standard Local Route Group and

Route Pattern:

In order to provide for Emergency calling, patterns need to be created for each unique country in each Remote Cluster. These patterns should consist of 911, the Remote Countries emergency number and the current countries emergency number. In all cases these patterns should have a Called Party Transformation Mask of the emergency number for the devices physical location.

Refer the below link for understanding the detailed process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/cmapps.html#wp1217440

Refer below link for configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsemcc.html

HTH,

Gifton Abel.