cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC and Garbage Collector

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

We have 2 CUCM clusters connected via an ICT. We are migrating users from CM8.6 to CM10.5. During the migration we are changing Users AD attributes so that they disappear from CM8. As this marks the user as Inactive in CM8 (and deletes after 24hrs) this prevents the User from logging into CM10 with EMCC.

Is there a way around this?

ie force the garbage collector to run immediately and delete the user

or remove certain fields in CUCM 8 against the user so that they can login using CUCM10 credentials?

Thanks

Rich

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rich,

This looks like an almost an impossible task. Here is my argument. For EMCC to work, the user has to have an active EM profile. For the user's EM profile to be active, the user must be active. So when a request for EM is received cucm can process that against the profiles associated to an active user. Once the user is inactive, all EM requests for that user almost stops which makes sense. Once EM request is terminated, then EMCC can no longer function. So you need an active user, I am sure you know that.

This is one of those things that may not have a work around. But then I may be totally wrong!

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Thanks for reply but they do have an active user:

1. I change users AD attributes so that CM8 filter marks them as Inactive in CM8

2. CM10 LDAP pulls User in and I assign EM.

3. User logs onto CM10 phones OK (with CM10 profile) but cannot login to a CM8 phone with EMCC during this 'Inactive' window. This is problem area. The User ID is the same.

I was hoping I could somehow remove EM from the Inactive CM8 User so that they'd use the CM10 Profile instead.

I think you can do something clever here. You can convert the inactive user on cucm 8 back to a standard cucm user and then delete them. This way you can control when to remove the user instea dof waiting for garbage collection. You become your own garbage man :)

You can conver the users back to standard CUCM users using sql query update...Ths is easy to do

run sql update enduser set status=1 ( this is the general command to make all users standard cucm users..you don't want to run this..)

Use this command to make specific users active. You need to use the users extension to filter which user gets converted to standard cucm user

run sql update enduser set status=1 where telephonenumber like ‘2%’

This command will update users with extension beginning with 2

or

run sql update enduser set status=1 where telephonenumber = '2001'

This will convert user with extension 2001 to a standard cucm user

To make sure you got all the users you can use the command

run sql select * from enduser where status=0

This should return zero entry. If you find any user there then use the update command on those users

Please rate all useful posts

Sound promising :)

Will this with CM8? Wasn't aware you could have Local Users and LDAP users on that version

I'll test tonight on my lab. Thanks for tip. I'll feedback after testing :)

Thanks

Rich

Worked a treat!

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would just like to add to Ayodeji [+5] , regarding the option to run garbage collector immediately after deleting a user, Garbage collection is a process that runs automatically at the fixed time of 3:15 AM, and it is not configurable.

HTH

Manish

This is an old post, but for whoever has a similar issue:

Since you cannot delete the inactive LDAP users, you can use SQL to rename them. After that you can do an LDAP resync and you are good to go.

run sql update enduser set userid='<new_id>' where userid = '<old_id>'