cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder Licensing Question

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CER nodes running 10.0.2.10000-11 that I want to upgrade to 11.5. I performed this successfully in a unlicensed lab environment. I did not use PUT, as the file they gave me was for a fresh install. I downloaded an upgrade file from Cisco's software center.

Here is my question: If I upgrade our nodes from 10.0.2 (currently up to date with sufficient licensing),  to 11.5 using the file I got from Cisco, will I run into licensing problems?

This is the upgrade file I used : https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286288781&flowid=&softwareid=282074227&release=11.5(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

(UCSInstall_CER-11.5.2.10000-5.sgn.iso)

Thanks for any help!

4 Replies 4

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There should not be any licensing issue after upgrade since all licenses are centralizes to Cisco Prime License Manager. Emergency Responder communicates the licensing requirements to Cisco Prime License Manager.

Just to be clear, there should not be any licensing issue, correct?

Thanks!

That's right..! Corrected my post.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Thanks Mohammed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: