cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Calls through CUBE from CUCM-Registered Phones

acalderone
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying trying to get my phones, which are registered to CUCM to place calls to the PSTN through a SIP Trunk terminating on a CUBE system.

The SIP trunk to my ITSP is working, because I can register phones to CUCME on the router terminating the SIP trunk.  I am also able to place calls from CUCM-registered phones to phones registered with CUCME.  The CUBE won't forward any calls that I place from a CUCM-registered phone to my ITSP.  I've tried using H.323 and SIP between CUCM and CUCME, but to no avail.  Could someone please let me know if you can help?

Configurations are attached - thank you for any help you can provide!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what I am missing is an inbound dial-peer from the CUCM to the router.

You have certainly configured a SIP trunk that sends a certain prefix to the router, for instance, from the Route Pattern \+! but I don't see anything that would "catch" these incoming calls to the router.

Can you just add a simple voip dial-peer, with incoming called-number set to the same pattern as the Route Pattern (assuming you are not performing any digit manipulation on Route List or Trunk level), set the session protocol to sip.

Also, can you turn on debug voip dialpeer, make a test call, undebug all and then debug ccsip mess (and again, undebug all). Post the result to here.

G.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what I am missing is an inbound dial-peer from the CUCM to the router.

You have certainly configured a SIP trunk that sends a certain prefix to the router, for instance, from the Route Pattern \+! but I don't see anything that would "catch" these incoming calls to the router.

Can you just add a simple voip dial-peer, with incoming called-number set to the same pattern as the Route Pattern (assuming you are not performing any digit manipulation on Route List or Trunk level), set the session protocol to sip.

Also, can you turn on debug voip dialpeer, make a test call, undebug all and then debug ccsip mess (and again, undebug all). Post the result to here.

G.

Gergely,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how inbound dial-peers are handled.  I was under the assumption that the following dial-peers could handle inbound calls from CUCM to CUBE for me:

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description Local Dialing

translation-profile outgoing Outgoing_Calls

destination-pattern 9[^1]......

session protocol sipv2

session target dns:chicago.voip.ms

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

clid network-number 616*******

dial-peer voice 5 voip

description Long Distance Dialing

translation-profile outgoing Outgoing_Calls

destination-pattern 91..........

session protocol sipv2

session target dns:chicago.voip.ms

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

clid network-number 616*******

I was thinking that the destination-pattern can match on inbound calls as well as outbound.

I'll add the debug output that you requested.  Thank you again for your help!

Hi,

actually, yes, one dial-peer may match both the incoming and the outgoing direction, but for now, let's just keep things simple. Dial-peers 5 and 6 are the outbound dial-peers (from the perspective of the router), but you have to add an inbound dial-peer. For instance

dial-peer voice 3 voip

description In from CUCM to this

session-protocol sipv2

! assuming you have a SIP trunk pointing to CUBE

incoming called-number .

! . actually matches everything

! later on, you might want to adjust this

! based on the dialing habits

session transport udp

! assuming the SIP trunk from CUCM uses UDP

G.

Actually - I see what you're saying... the two dial dial-peers that I have configured are going to be used for outbound calling because the session target is my ITSP.  I need to set up dial-peers with the same incoming called numbers that I have in my ITPS-bound dial-peers, but that point to my CUCM server.  I've added the following dial-peers into my configuration:

dial-peer voice 3 voip
description Local Dialing from CUCM
incoming called-number 9[^1]......
session protocol sipv2
session target dns:10.1.40.240
session transport udp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

dial-peer voice 4 voip
description Long Distance Dialing from CUCM
incoming called-number 91..........
session protocol sipv2
session target dns:10.1.40.240
session transport udp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

And it works!!!  Thank you for your help!  I'll mark your answer as correct and rate it - this is awesome... thank you so much!!!

Oh, this was fast

I was going to try a step-by-step approach (with that incoming called-number .) but you just figured out the best way of doing it (closer match). Congrats and thanks for the rating.

G.

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use a SIP trunk from CUCM and don't forget to add CUCM servers to the allowed list -

voice service voip

ip address trusted list

ipv4 CallManager1 255.255.255.255

ipv4 CallManager2 255.255.255.255

etc.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

Thank you for the suggestion, dweiner.  I'm running IOS 12.4, so the default toll-fraud prevention stuff that was added in version 15 isn't what is causing this issue.  Still, since this is a very likely issue for anyone else that might be seeing this issue and is running 15 code, I've rated your response as 5*.  Thank you for your suggestion!