Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
CUCM55120
Beginner

Enable/disable voicemail based on extension mobility

Hi guys,

Had a bit of a specific request come from a user to set up an an EM account and extension with voicemail but for the voicemail to be disabled when the account is logged out and enabled when logged in. Ideally this would be automatic but as far as I know the only solution in CUCM/Unity is for the alternate greeting to be set to not accept messages and then get the user to dial into voicemail and manually switch between alternative and main greeting whenever they log in and out. I don't see this as working in this situation as users will often forget to do this and end up with loads of messages.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Gregory Brunn
Collaborator

What about setting a CFUR call forward unregistered setting to cti that would go to unity that would have the vm not enbable message or something else.

Login you are registered so that would hit vm as normal log out your should be unregistered and that would hit. I have never done this before so would want to test it out, but it may work for you.

Thanks, I forgot about the individual forward settings. It appears it can be achieved by simply turning off the tick box for forwarding unregistered internal external to voicemail. Not sure why I didn't think of this but seems it is that simple. When logged in will forward to voicemail as normal. When logged out will just give busy tone.

Cheers!

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021