cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable DTMF Passthrough from CUCM6 to HMP via SIP with 7906

LHC-Healthcare
Level 1
Level 1

I have a  CUCM v6 on a Linux VM running in conjunction with 2 Cisco 7906 IP phones. I can hear the DTMF tones through the speaker but they do not get passed through to my recorder.

Where would I enable DTMF tones being passed through to Dialogic HMP via SIP?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM v6 on VM is not officially supported!

What is it that you are trying to achieve? Whats the exact call flow?

/divin

Thanks for the reply!

I was given a disc that contained a VM Linux image of CUCM6. When started it runs a CLI window and I went through and set it up with a static IP and bound it to eth0. I can then access CUCM through my web browser to configure.

Went through and configured my  2 physical 7906 phones to use SIP and to route 9XXX to a trunk.

My application is to have a user be able to pick up a physical 7906 IP phone, dial an extention, be routed to a dictation recorder service that traditionally used Dialogic telephony cards and now using Dialogic HMP. I can hear the recorder prompt and can spoof it by holding the speaker of the other phone to the mic of the active phone and pressing the buttons to generate the DTMF tones.

The problem is that the actual DTMF tones are not being passed through to the recorder when used normally. (Can hear them through the speaker)

I am wondering what else I may need to enable this functionality.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Chris

". I can hear the recorder prompt and can spoof it by holding the speaker  of the other phone to the mic of the active phone and pressing the  buttons to generate the DTMF tones."

I would say get a packet capture on the phones.

Plus, is the recorder supposed to play out the tones?

What protocol is being used between the recorder and the CUCM?

Can you recommend a packet capture program? I am a bit of a noob with this product.

The recorder is configurable to allow which DTMF tones will control what function like record, stop, playback, demographics entry.. But are not recorded in the .wav file, just voice to be transcribed.

The protocol used is SIP, I have my phones auto configure when plugged in to use SIP.

Thanks,

LHC-Healthcare
Level 1
Level 1

ttt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: