I created a Java Servlet that makes a custom directory menu and I successfully enabled it on my IP Communicator for testing purposes controlled by CUCM 11.5.
I simply did these operations:
- Device Information > Service Provisioning*: External URL
- External Data Locations Information > Directory: <SERVLET URL>
- Reboot the device.
Now I need to do the same thing for many real phones (models: Cisco 7906/7931) and this time the CUCM version is the 8.5 (obviously with a different Application User).
I did the same operations above but the result is that I'm not able to see my custom menu. It's odd, because I still see the default one but in English language (if I don't apply these settings the language used is the one set for the phone).