Views
Helpful
Replies

enabling voicemail

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

We want to use one of our extensions to be used as voicemail bank.

This number will act as one common point for a group of people of call & leave voicemail so the department head can just listen to quick messages instead of actual calls.

How can this be done on CUCM for an extension so voicemails can be left on this number. Any indications to configure this will be great.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

CUCM on it's own does not support Voicemail.  You need Unity Connection.  Do you have this in your environment along with Voicemail licenses?

Thanks

Rob

Nashaatmusa
Level 1
Level 1
let me get this straight, so you what you want is ..

when a user want to leave the a voice mail for the group ... he will be directed to that extension number ... (is that what you are facing a problem with)

After the call is received on that extension the extension will have a forward all to voicemail so the call can be redirected to unity connection or unity express for voicemail recording

PS : the extension can be dummy extension (no need to be on an actual phone)

when the call gets to CUC or CUE it will go to the user for that extension to save the voicemail and anyone with the user and Password can navigate the voice mail through web,phone,visual voicemail .....

so let me know on what step you want help

Thanks Nash & Rob.

Yes, unity is part of our voice suite.

Any configuration help will be very helpful, on how to do this.

Hi Suthomas,

Let me know which version of CCM and Unity connection you are planning. What is your preferred setup between CUCM and Unity. Is it Skinny or you prefer SIP integrations?

You can find the document for SIP and SCCP integration from below mentioned link:

SCCP integration : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny/cucintcucmskinny070.html

SIP integration:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip/cucintcucmsip060.html

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

Thanks. 

CUCM is on ver 9.1. How can i find which unity version is installed via CUCM?

sorry , i am new to voice technology.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: