Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End call from handset

Hello,

my customer ask me if it is possible to end every call when hang up the handset instead to use the headset button or speaker button, i didn't find any settings, someone can help me?

Thank you in advance

Fabrizio

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, there is no setting for it, simply drop the handset and that will end the call.

Chris

Hi Chris,

sure, but if i use the speaker and i drop the handset the call remains active until we use the speaker button or the softkey button, i'd like to end the call with the handset even if i use the speaker.

Fabrizio

Got it, unfortunately there is no way to overwrite the speaker with handset. I guess I am puzzled why would one be on speaker and at the same time use handset? Or why would one want to pick up handset to kill speaker call, when he/she can either press EndCall softkey or press the speaker button?

HTH,

Chris

I know that it may seem unusual, i start the call with the handset and i need to get the hands free so i use the speaker button, at the end of the call i hang up the handset, in this situation the users of my customer expect that the call closes.

I thought it was not possible, but wanted to be sure.

Thank you for your answer.

Fabrizio

It is logical that one cannot end a call replacing the handset when you are on hands-free.

The reason is that the normal behavoir is to go from handset to speaker, then hang-up handset, then end call with a button or go back to handset by picking it up and turning speaker off. All controlled actions that would not be possible with the behavoir your users wanted.

Thanks to everyone.

Fabrizio

You're welcome, sorry you did not get the answer you wanted, but fact is a fact :-)

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

don't worry, I had the answer I was looking for

Fabrizio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: