cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End User Unable to Login to Personal Directory?

craig.pollitt
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCM6.1 configured w/ LDAP Authentication and users in the Standard CCM End Users group. I have at least one end user who is unable to login to their personal directory and I'm wondering if it's the result of their username. This user is the only one that has a number in their username.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with users that have numeric digits in their login?

2 Replies 2

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

There is no issue with users having numeric digits for logins per my experience. Have you tried changing the name to not include the numeric digit and see if it works?

That's good to know, I was actually running out of options to try and thought I would throw this one out there. Actually, soon after I posted this, the user contacted me and I was notified that we was able to successfully login. I'm a little confused since I haven't done anything since I reset his PIN last time and it still wasn't working.

The only thing I can think of is since I use LDAP to sync users and authenticate from, does it have to perform a full sync before the PIN reset would work? I wouldn't think so since I believe this information is stored on the UCM. Perhaps we had to wait until the DB was replicated in UCM since we are setup to register from the Subscriber/Subsequent Node.

Any thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: