Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint Monitoring

cameronallison1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to monitor each number in CUCM.

We had a problem where a users phone was getting a busy signal for several weeks and was not contactable but didn't report the problem. The issue turned out to be a help desk staff member had made a mistake with the translation pattern.

Is the any way to call or test each phone line to see if its working and if not alert something or someone?

Thanks in advance

Cam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such built mechanism into the CUCM platform, you would need to develop an app as I am not aware of any affordable app that would do that for you.  I've done something similar using Twilio API (easy to develop against) that tests calls on demand, so that is one direction you could look at.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such built mechanism into the CUCM platform, you would need to develop an app as I am not aware of any affordable app that would do that for you.  I've done something similar using Twilio API (easy to develop against) that tests calls on demand, so that is one direction you could look at.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help. I'll have a look at the API to see if there is anything I can do

Thanks

Cam