Views
Helpful
Replies

Energywise Power Save Plus Wake Up 79xx

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'd like to know if the "Wake Up by pressing any button" feature will be supported on the IP 79xx series phones.

According to the design guide and other documentations that I could find, this feature is currently supported on 69xx, 89xx, 99xx series only.

I was wondering if there was a hardware prerequisite to have the feature ?

Or if I can hope a firmware for the 79xx series, including this feature, to be released, in the future ?

Thanks

Caroline

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Caroline,

The "Wake up" feature won't be supported natively on any 7900 series phones

Have a look at this excellent EnergyWise doc that has a great Q&A section

at the end that covers the why's and wherefor's relation to the Cisco IP Phone

portfolio;

Q. Are third-party vendors enabling Cisco EnergyWise Power Save Plus mode in their phones?

A. To the best of our knowledge, Cisco is currently the only phone vendor to enable this feature. Cisco uses Cisco EnergyWise technology embedded inside the Cisco Unified IP Phones 6900, 8900, and 9900 Series phones, and EnergyWise technology enabled by a third-party application to manage the Cisco Unified IP Phones 3900 and 7900 Series phones. Customers may use Cisco EnergyWise on the Cisco switch to power down third-party phones, but this configuration lacks the capability for end users to wake the phone up without the use of a third-party application

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10326/solution_overview_c22-589129.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Caroline,

The "Wake up" feature won't be supported natively on any 7900 series phones

Have a look at this excellent EnergyWise doc that has a great Q&A section

at the end that covers the why's and wherefor's relation to the Cisco IP Phone

portfolio;

Q. Are third-party vendors enabling Cisco EnergyWise Power Save Plus mode in their phones?

A. To the best of our knowledge, Cisco is currently the only phone vendor to enable this feature. Cisco uses Cisco EnergyWise technology embedded inside the Cisco Unified IP Phones 6900, 8900, and 9900 Series phones, and EnergyWise technology enabled by a third-party application to manage the Cisco Unified IP Phones 3900 and 7900 Series phones. Customers may use Cisco EnergyWise on the Cisco switch to power down third-party phones, but this configuration lacks the capability for end users to wake the phone up without the use of a third-party application

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10326/solution_overview_c22-589129.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks a lot.

Caroline