Views
Helpful
Replies

Enter Force Authorization Code - CIPC display timer

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

We are using CIPC 8.6.4.3 on Win7 systems. Call is routed to PSTN. When I dial a 10digit number with FAC enabled Route pattern, Cisco IP Communicator displays “Enter Authorization Code” for approx. 15 seconds and immediately it connects to customer.

I tried 2 different scenarios;

- Dial # along with 10 digit no. (1234567890#),

- Dial just 10 digit no and then press #. (1234567890) and then (#)

In both the scenarios it takes 15 seconds time. There is no overlapping Route Pattern too. I googled and reduce the T302 time to 6000ms / 6seconds from 15 seconds. But there is no difference seen.

My only challenge here is Contact Center Agent productivity and long time to connect to customers so any suggestion appreciated.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you only reviewed route patterns, you're doing this wrong.

You need to review EVERYTHING in your dial plan, use the route plan report or DNA.

Also review if there's something ini your dial plan that overlaps with your FAC codes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey JAVA,

Thanks for suggestion. Yes, that can be possibility here. I have 3 FAC Codes in my environment.

FAC-1: 43243546 - Authorization level: 10 ---- (Process-1). 6 Unique Route Patterns configured.

FAC-2: 8658 - Authorization level: 5 ----- (Managers). 1 Unique route pattern configured.

FAC-3: 321 - Authorization level: 4 ----- (Process-2). 6 Unique Route Pattern configured.

But for all the processes and Managers, it takes 15 seconds to dial-out even after being Route Pattern identical.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

So I assume that you are concerned about your outgoing call time delay (15 seconds).

After going through your above reply, I would want to check the GW and see if there is any delay that is being caused by the PSTN.

Please enable the debug (ISDN or CCSIP Messages) and see how long it takes for the GW to actually initiate the connection and or how long does it take to get the outgoing call to land on the GW.

HTH

Plz rate all helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: