cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Alternate Number as caller ID

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

When using Enterprise Alternate Number (8 digits) for internal dialing, CUCM still sends caller ID as extension number (4 digits on this case). Since 4 digits can not be dial back (because overlapping) , entire purpose of Enterprise Alternate Number is defeated.

Using Calling Party Normalization also did not work since 4 digits extension overlaps AND Extension Mobility is in use.

Any idea how Enterprise Alternate Number can be send for caller ID number?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

Aalejo,

Did you find a solution for this? I just implemented enterprise alternate numbers for the first time and I am trying something similar.  My config is:

DN:  \+442071234567

Enterprise Alternate:  XXXX (4567)

I want to show the enterprise alternate number as the internal caller ID because Jabber and the application dial rules are adding a 90 to the number when calling back from its recent directory (for example 902071234567).  If i can use the enterprise alternate number the application dial rules will not be applied

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: