cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error adding a phone

dwerts1628
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to add a phone that was previously registered but now, as far as I can tell, does not show up at all in Call Manager.  I am receiving this message:  Add failed. Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column (Unique Index:device_name)

Any help would be appreciated

10 Replies 10

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Seems like there is still a stale entry in the database that is causing the issue while adding the phone.

Can you get me the output of following sql query on cucm nodes:

run sql select pkid,name from device where name = 'SEP<MAC>'

SEP<MAC> = SEP + MAC address of device you are trying to add.

Also check if there is any replication issue on your cucm cluster

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I am very new to Cisco VOIP so excuse my ignorance.  I attempted to run the query you requested but appear to be doing something wrong as I am getting a syntax error

No worries.. just paste the screenshot of the query you ran and error message you got.

that's not the correct format. Paste the query as i have written below:

run sql select pkid,name from device where name = 'SEP1CAA07108E0A'

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Returns:

The specified table (devices) is not in the database

Table name is device not devices

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

Do you remember the extension that was assigned to the same phone previously?

If yes, then check the extension and it's dependency records. If you don't find any dependency records then try to add phone with different mac address first with the same extension as earlier and then try to modify the mac address again.

Also, try to add phones in all the nodes one by one (i.e PUB and your available SUB's)

Thanks,

Nishant 

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Thank you.  I will check

Hello,

I hate to ask this question but have you searched for a Phone

based on -> Device name -> contains -> 1CAA07108E0A

Please don't be insulted, but I haven't seen a posting that stated this has been done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: