cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed...

Swalpit LAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

We are using CUCM ver 10.5.1.11007-1 and while taking backup from disaster recovery system i am getting below error

" ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed...  "

Tar Filename   Backup Device  Completed On    Result  Backup Type  Version  Features Backed Up   Features Returned Warning  Failed Features 
2014-09-30-10-46-55.tar NETWORK  Tue Sep 30 12:51:48 AST 2014  ERROR  MANUAL   10.5.1.11007-1  SELFCARE,ELM,CDR_CAR,UCM  ---     ---

CUCM ver  10.5.1.11007-1
Backup  SFTP

Although in the Backup status all result is showing " success ".Do you find any reason for this message ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In SFTP/SCP , we increase the Keep Alive Interval to 20 Sec. Before it is 0 Sec only and it get disconnected after few min.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

check this discussion on similar issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12303681/cuc-105-drs-backup-fails

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

Thanks for the reply now the backup is working fine .

2014-10-01-14-41-03.tarNETWORKWed Oct 01 16:49:29 AST 2014SUCCESSMANUAL10.5.1.11007-1UCM

Backup side is more so we have increade the SFTP delay time to 20 sec. After that it works.

Hi,

thanks for update.

where u increased this time?can u share the snapshot.

regds,

aman

In SFTP/SCP , we increase the Keep Alive Interval to 20 Sec. Before it is 0 Sec only and it get disconnected after few min.

[+5] .

thanks for updates.

regds,

aman

What SFTP/FTP client that you using?

I am having this problem in my Unity Connection 10.5

Hi swalpitlall,

Where did you increase the SFTP delay time to 20 secs?  I am having the same issue even after restarting the DRF Master and Local.  I still get the same error as you did, "ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed..."  

Where do you change the SFTP Delay time to 20 sec?  I was looking under Cisco Unity Connection Administration > Service Parameters > Cisco RIS Data Collector Parameters > not sure which one I would change, is that where you changed it?  If not, where did you change it? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers & Thanks in advance!

Diana

Moving the old files to another directory worked for me as well.

We use Ubuntu server for the SFTP and to adjust the timers on the server side, edit the golbal config ssh_config file and restart the sshd service.

#Send Keepalive to clients

ClientAliveInterval 20
TCPKeepAlive yes
ClientAliveCountMax 99999

Deleting the old files that contained the older version we were running (9.x) resolved it for me. We are now running CUCM version 10.5, I guess the older version files was causing the issue.

Thank you!

Watch out for this one next  CSCus35964.

Can't add additional subscribers to the cluster when a 10.5 publisher has been restored from a backup of an upgraded server.  I haven't slept much this week because of it.  

Thanks for the heads up on that bug, i will definitely keep an eye out for that one.  Hopefully you have gotten that squared away and caught up on your sleep :)  

Best of luck to you!

Hi,

I move the backups to another folder and the problem its solved!
Thanks.

CUCM v10.5

Moving files worked me also after CCX 8.5 to 10.6 migration with DRS

Hi guys, 

There is an indentified bug for this issue, changing the backup folder should work.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv19736

If helpful please rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: