Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error from MWI Synchronization . Unity 4.x

Hi there, none of the MWI's are working at a customer's site . I logged on to Unity and tried the resynchronize all with the Depot Tool. However, I received this error message - " Unable to forward MWI synchronization request to Cisco Unity. Verify that the Cisco Unity Services are running ". I can verify that all services are running . I rebooted the server but the same problem and error message exists. Has anyone seen this error before or have any information that may help ?  Many thanks,

Máire.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

viddesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marie

Open CMD -->services.msc

++check whether the Avnotifier service is the start state, try restarting it.

and check it's logon account should be unitymsgstore account.

HTH

Thanks

Vidit

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

viddesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marie

Open CMD -->services.msc

++check whether the Avnotifier service is the start state, try restarting it.

and check it's logon account should be unitymsgstore account.

HTH

Thanks

Vidit

Hi Vidit, thank you for your reply . When I run AvNotifierMgr, it starts and then stops again , it says it has no work to do . Any ideas ? The login is set correctly .

Many thanks,

Maire.

Hi Marie

Please provide the exact error you receive while starting the Avnotifier service.

Regards

-Vid

Hi Vid, the service is set to manual and when I try to start it , the error is  " The AvNotifierMgr service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do , for example teh performance logs and Alert services. "

Many thanks,

Máire

Hi Maire

Were the Unity accounts moved to any other exchange server??

If yes , re-run the permissions wizrad which is presnt in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot with an account that has the domian admin rights.

Thanks

Vid

Hi Vidit, the customer has migrated some

voicemail boxes to Exchange 2007 . I have not ran the permissions wisard yet . I think it is best out of office hours. I have created a back up, is there anything else I should be aware off while running the permissions wisard ?

Many thanks,

Máire.