Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on Restore CUCM 8.6

i am tring to check my backup by restoring to another server that has same IP Address/Host name of CUCM in production, i am restoing only Publisher but getting below error.

ERROR: At least one of the servers which was requested to be restored is not connected: VLKRLCLOUCMP1. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down., Restore Completed

find attached gif

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is most likely due to that fact that you only have the publisher in your "lab" scenario while the backup you have has  both the Pub and the subscriber.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

when i start restore process just checked Publisher not subscribers

Which server is this VLKRLCLOUCMP1? Is this the subscriber..

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

this is publisher. when i restore i can see below option

The  following is applicable in case of a cluster setup : If you are  attempting to restore on a freshly installed publisher, only select the  first node (Publisher) for restore. The subsequent nodes can be selected  only after the completion of publisher restore. For further details  please refer to the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide.

Hi

Did you get manage to restore the pub?

My believes are

1) If you have perform a backup withing a cluster then the backup taken from BOTH PUB and SUB

2) Now with the drs proccess yes you can restore ONLY PUB But you must have also SUB active in the new cluster.Otherwise i believe that you will not be able to proceed

3) In my case i restore ONLY pub and then pub replicate the database to the sub.I restore only pub not both but i had a sub installed and running

Regards

chrysostomos

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi Amod

Did you choose ONLY the PUB into DRS?

/cc

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi

pLS Share exactly the error that you get

Assume that you restarted teh DRF Master and and local services right?

Yes, i have restared the services.

below is the error m getting.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Firasat,

Did you confirm the the DRF Master & DRF Local are running?

via cli - utils service list

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Amod Joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Firasat,

We are facing the same error, while restoring 8.5.1. We have not connected the Subscriber.

Did you able to fix problem that time? what exactly you did?

Thanks,

AMOD