Helpful
Replies

Error to do upgrade with Prime Collaboration Deployment

gsilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We need do a upgrade from CUCM 8.0 to 10.0

We are migratin with the Prime Collaboration Deployment, but when we add the Esxi host, an error appear.

"Failed to mount Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployments export as NFS store to the ESXi Host"

The UCS is a UCS 240.

We can discover the cluster old, but don´t cant add the Esxi host.

We deploy the new VM for the new CUCM 10.0

Please, I need your help.

Thanks

Guillermo

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely you don't have the right ESXi license for this, you need at least FND for PCD

Page 11

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmap/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U9C58CB1_00_ucmap-administration-guide.pdf

If you don't meet the ESXi license requirements, nothing to do here, either buy the necessary license, or don't use PCD.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi guys!

We have same problem.

Network connectivity is Ok, but we don't see any atempts to connect from ESXi to PCD by NFS proto.

Any ideas?

I had the same issue. So what I did is I installed the Cisco Collaboration Deployment Tool VM in the same vlan as the ESXi Server and now it doesnt give me that error and proceeds.

Hi team,

I had the same problem as well.

We are trying to migrate a cluster CUCM with IMP version 8.6.x to 11.5 using PCD. We had discovery the Old Cluster and ESXi but I cannot add the new ESXi destination.

I realize that this is an old thread but I will respond anyway.

This specific error can be caused if the NFS datastore was deleted from the ESXi host but the reference still persists within the esx.conf file on the host. From the secure shell on the ESXi host enter the command "esxcfg-nas -d old_volume_name" and then try to add the host again in CPCD. 

There is a good blog reference on the topic HERE.

Also check if there is a firewall between PCD subnet and ESXi host subnet. Ensure NFS can happen between the two

ushakov_is
Level 1
Level 1

What edition of VMWare do you use?

paul.lange
Level 1
Level 1

In our case it was the Firewall not allowing the NFS traffic from ESXi host to PCD. FW rules are documented in PCD admin guide. Could be more detailed but you can use them.

Regards,

Paul

vijit kumawat
Level 1
Level 1

Just came through this post as was facing the same problem,

I solved it by disabling my hypervisor license and went to Evaluation mode which lets you proceed.

This happens as Jaime mentioned the doc says :

The following are compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation (appears as “Foundation Edition” in vSphere Client)

• VMware vSphere Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Enterprise Plus Edition

• Evaluation mode license

Once you are done with the upgrade/migration restore the license. Evaluation is good for about 60 days.

Just be aware that by doing so, you won't have Cisco support if something fails with PCD, if you want Cisco support for PCD, you need to buy a license.

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply Jaime. All my UC apps are licensed :)

When I tried to delete the license, the license key and features disappeared, but still license validity showing never expires. Looks like the license was not changed to evaluation mode when I removed the license key from the esxi. may be this is the reason why the issue is still there. Any thoughts ?

Added Solucoes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have found the answer for the problem

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P7081B13_00_pcd-administration-guide-1052/CUCM_BK_P7081B13_00_pcd-administration-guide-1052_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_C1DF129A_00

Resume below:

Virtualization Software License Types

The VMware vSphere ESXi license is required for the physical server with ESXi that hosts the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment virtual machine in addition to any additional physical servers with ESXI on which Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment will operate. This includes virtual machines to which Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is migrating, installing, upgrading, or rebooting.

Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is not compatible with all license types of VMware vSphere ESXi, because some of these licenses do not enable required VMware APIs.

Note

Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Cisco Business Edition 7000 servers are preinstalled with Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor. If you plan to use Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment with application VMs on these servers, you must substitute a higher virtualization software feature level.

The following are compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation (appears as “Foundation Edition” in vSphere Client)
  • VMware vSphere Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Enterprise Plus Edition
  • Evaluation mode license

The following are not compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor (appears as "Hypervisor Edition" in vSphere Client)
  • VMware vSphere Hypervisor Edition

Best regards,
Daniel

Indeed, that's the most common reason why you're not able to work with PCD, because you don't have the right ESXi licensing.

HTH

java