Replies

Error upgrade cucm 11.5 to 12

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am facing a problem while Upgrading CUCM 11.5 TO 12

I get this error

/usr/local/cm/script/cm-dbl-install l2 postinstall 12.0.1.22900-11 11.5.1.11900-26 /usr/local/cm/ /partb/usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/capture.txt failed (1)failed to upgrade infrastructure_post components

But I have a question: I am using a non bootable iso   ( UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.22900-11.sgn.iso )

there is a hint on Cisco that this ISO use only in upgrade from 12

Is that might cause upgrade failure ?

US Export Restricted. Full encryption capabilities (non-bootable). For upgrades from 12.x only. Upgrades from 11.x or earlier are requested via PUT (http://upgrad.cloudapps.cisco.com/upgrad/jsp/index.jsp) or purchased to obtain licenses.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ahmed, 

This file doesn't intend to upgrade from 11.5, you have to contact Cisco team to provide the major version downloadable link or you should use PUT method to upgrade to 12.  

you can also refer below url for further details; https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/12_0_1/cucm_b_upgrade-and-migration-guide-1201.pdf 

View solution in original post

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This image UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.22900-11.sgn.iso cannot be used for upgrade. You need to request for Upgrade image from Cisco via PUT.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Ahmed, 

This file doesn't intend to upgrade from 11.5, you have to contact Cisco team to provide the major version downloadable link or you should use PUT method to upgrade to 12.  

you can also refer below url for further details; https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/12_0_1/cucm_b_upgrade-and-migration-guide-1201.pdf 

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This image UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.22900-11.sgn.iso cannot be used for upgrade. You need to request for Upgrade image from Cisco via PUT.

Thank u very much. I will go for PUT

Please I have a question ?

Do we use bootable or non bootable iso for upgrade or doesn't matter ?

we make a workaround and rename this iso Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.10000-10.sgn to UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.10000-10.sgn and CUCM accepted it and upgrade successfully done

@HARIS_HUSSAIN @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil

Use Non-Bootable Image For Upgrades.

Bootable Image are used for fresh CUCM Installations.

but the upgrade is accepted with bootable image after renaming

is it normal ? @HARIS_HUSSAIN

I think It should work, Although never tried such scenario.

Nope, you can use bootable media for major upgrades, and that's what everyone should do, as noted in the downloads area where it tells you to use PUT to order the media for upgrades from previous major releases, and to use that file only when you're already on that release train.

A lot of people asked me about that in one of my upgrade videos where I used bootable media for the upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for your reply

I made the upgrade with the aid of your video but I have a question

when I use the bootable image with name Bootable UCOS....... the upgrade fail but when I delete the word bootable the upgrade done successfully

Is it notmal with either bootable or non bootable

as I read in the guide that (Ensure that you have the correct ISO file for the upgrade. Upgrade files use the following naming convention:
• UCSInstall_CUP_<XXXXXXXX>.sgn.iso
• UCSInstall_UCOS_<XXXXXXXX>.sgn.iso)

@Jaime Valencia

please illustrate more the difference between using bootable and non bootable in the upgrade as it doesn't mention in the guide

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: