Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 TE6 ad-hoc video conference

hani_altaher
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

we have EX60 TE6 and MCU 4505 (SW4.2)both are registered with CUCM 8.6.(2a) when we try to intiate ad-hoc video conference from EX60 to 9971 with camera using MCU as conference bridge the call retried as audio conference call.

i checked the web interface and could not find any special configuration to enable the conference, maybe MCU should be upgraded to newest version?may be  the solution is not supported?

appreciate your feedback.

many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i figured out that it is solved in CUCM 9.0 they add field in CUCM to select Multipoint Mode as Use Media Resource Group List, this field was not available in CUCM8.6.(2a).

image002.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

to make the description more accurate, the EX60 add the second party as audio and maintain video session with the first party.

i think ES60 is not using CUCM CFB resources and use this techniqe.

Thanks

i figured out that it is solved in CUCM 9.0 they add field in CUCM to select Multipoint Mode as Use Media Resource Group List, this field was not available in CUCM8.6.(2a).

image002.png

Hani

That doesn't jive with the release notes for TE6. While going to 9.0 is great since it's a more current relese and has other benefits like URL dialing, E-CAC etc but it should work with 8.6.2, check the version you have and make sure it matches the one below. If not you should troubleshoot with TAC since it look like either a config or a bug. Maybe you have encryption?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/te6/release_notes/te_software_release_notes_te6.pdf

CUCM Ad Hoc Conferencing

EX90 and EX60 now support ad-hoc conferences when registered to CUCM. The Cisco TelePresence MCU has to be registered to CUCM. This feature is not supported if the MCU is registered to VCS. Furthermore, this feature requires CUCM 8.6.2 or later versions. If encryption is used, CUCM 9.0 and later is required.

CUCM Release 8.6.2(23047)

Thanks

Srini

hi Srinivasan

the CUCM 8.6.2(23047) is the device package not CUCM version, check following are the available versions afer CUCM 8.6.(2a) versions:

8.6.(2a)SU1 is 8.6.2.21900-5

8.6.(2a)SU1 is 8.6.2.22900-9

in release they missed mention which CUCM software version that support, i downloaed the device package and it include same cop.sgn file that i found in EX60 download page for E6,following 8.6.2a snapshot that i have 8.6.2a and it did not include multipoint field.EX60CUCM8..6.2.JPG

Yes I get that but then it conflicts with the release notes right? In the notes they clearly say 8.6.2 is the point I am making.  and I am wondering either it is a bug or you have encryption turned on

Srini

Hi Sirin

i totally agree with you, we do not have encryption turned on, the release note should be updated with exact version number.even there is not documentation for this in CUCM 8.6.2 , i found it in TE6 with CUCM 9.0 document :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/te6/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_te6_on_cucm9.pdf.pdf

Thanks

Hani

Hani

See here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/te6/administration_guide/ex-series_administrator_guide_te60.pdf

If I search for 8.6 I do see references to adhoc with TE6. I would bring this up to TAC on why it isn't working for you

Srini

Hi Hani Altaher,

Is it same for the other videoconferencing systems like SX20?

Thanks