Views
Helpful
Replies

Existing CallManager 6 to New CallManager 8 Migration

Salvo_Phl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a client wanting to upgrade their existing 2 server CallManager 6.1 cluster onto 2 new MCS Servers running CallManager 8.

Could someone please let me know the procedure on how to migrate the database between the 2 clusters since the versions differ ?

I'd like to keep the version 6 cluster intact for rollback perposes.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Could you not install the same SW as the existing version on the the new Cluster, send the license to Cisco so the new cluster is functional as 6.x and then upgrade the new system to 8.x ? This way you have two systems 6.x and 8.x with ICT`s  between the two for testing if you wish. Cut over -either change the Option 150 in DHCP  to point to the new TFTP`s or after shutting off of 6.x cluster change the IP address of the 8.x cluster to "old" Cluster.

Thanks...but I was hoping there was an easier method, since the new servers will come preloaded.

Perhaps you can do a similar to DMA ? and get the database from 6.x to 8.x migrated?

DMA is only Windows to Linux. That's the only migration tool we have for CUCM.

The only way is to use BAT in order to get as much info as possible and then adjust the format to import to 8.x

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: