Views
Helpful
Replies

Expansion Module with SIP CME

lomejordeesto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I hope you are all doing great.

I would like to know how to configure an expansion module with SIP in CME.

I actually have a 7965 and a 7916, the 7965 one is running SIP in CME 8.6. However I haven't found a way to configure an expansion module for this phone in CME SIP register pool.

Does anyone knows how to do this, I have extensively searched for Cisco documentation about this, but with no luck.

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jose,

Does your 7965 has the latest phoneload ?

GP.

Yes it has the latest SIP firmware. 9.2.2 if I correctly remember.

However I can't find any command to enable the expansion module on the register pool of that phone. No  matter what the firmware is. Thanks

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The moduloes will work only on a SCCP phone. That will also give you many more features and flexivbility compared to the many limitation of SIP phones.

Thanks, Paolo but unfortunately the client requested SIP for all their phones, we already explained them the limitations and restriction, but he chose to go anyway with SIP in all phones.

So I would like to know if there is some workaround to make these expansion modules work with SIP.

You can tell your customer that either they accept the many limitations (no workaround), or use SCCP as CIsco recommends.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: