cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-C Certificate Export from CLI?

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

We are unable to pull up the express-c webpage after the certificate expired, and we need to be able to do that in order to get a csr to get a new certificate. This is even after I rebooted the expressway-c from our ESXi host. Now, according to the documentation, in the CLI, which I can access, there are three commands: xconfiguration, xstatus, and xcommand, yet none of these three show up as commands to use. Any thoughts on a way I can create and export a csr from the cli?

8 Replies 8

If there is a way to create a CSR from CLI is would likely be included in this document. Please note that I have not checked that there is and I’ve never done this myself. Apart from getting the certificate file from the Expressway, that I’ve done. For this you’d connect to the Expw with a SCP client so that you can access the file system of it. From the top of my head I don’t recall the path for where certificates are stored, but there are great references to it that can be found on internet.

Response Signature

when accessing the webpage, Whats error message  your browser presenting you.Have you tried accessing the webpage using a different  browser.

Response Signature

I have successfully exported certificates from the older VCS'es using the following steps. I'm sure the same or similar steps will work now that the VCS'es are Expressways:

1. Install WinSCP on a PC
  2. Use it to log into Expressway as root
  3. Download the following two files:
  • /tandberg/persistent/certs/privkey.pem
  • /tandberg/persistent/certs/server.pem

Maren

Thank you very much. This would surely help if I just needed to get a certificate, but I need to also create a certificate signing request, so it sounds like I need to get the webpage to work.

Do you know how to restart the services on expressway-c from the cli? I could not at all figure it out.

Can you kindly let us know the error which you revive while accessing the expressway over the web?

Response Signature

It gives the error HTTP ERROR 500

It does this on multiple browsers. I am wondering if the web server service is not running

Hi, 

If you are after to restart the server : xCommand Restart. Try the web after restarting the expressway. You can also use the VMware guest restart to restart the expressway. 

Regards

This document together with part of what @Maren Mahoney shared, used to get the CSR and then used in reverse to upload the signed cert once received from the CA, should from what I can tell be what you'd need to do to create the CSR from the CLI and get it deployed on the Expw node. Please note that I have not done this myself.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: