Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Clusters (MRA and B2B)

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I want to deploy Expressway C and E clusters to be used for MRA and B2B calls. as per Cisco Documents,:

(Not applicable to MRA) Go to System >Clustering and ensure that Cluster name is the routable Fully Qualified Domain Name used in SRV records that address this Expressway cluster, for example cluster1.example.com

What is the configuration required to be done in case of B2B calls? Any one can share with me the SRV records that I should create for B2B calls in case of cluster?

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the ofllowing DNS SRV records on the public DNS servers fro B2B calls. Change the domains to your domain..

_sip._tcp.cisco.local.   SRV 10 10 5060 expe1.cisco.local
_sip._udp.cisco.local.   SRV 10 10 5060 expe1.cisco.local
expe1.cisco.local.     IN     A    192.168.6.18

. You will need to configure search rules for B2B calls to be sent to your DNS zones. It is also important that when you are sending B2B calls through expressway, you must ensure that you have rich media licenses as these calls are seen as traversal calls by the expressway

Please refer to the documentations below for more details

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/Jul2014/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000-Jul14.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/midmarket/Oct2015/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000.pdf

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you for help. But the SRV that you shared for one Expressway. My question about cluster.

For calls from internet:

1 -  MRA: Jabber will request collab_edge SRV in this case the DNS should send tow A records:

Expressway-E1 and Expressway-E2

2 - B2B Calls:

Receiving a call from another company: Is there a SRV record in this case? or only A record. If SRV is involved as mentioned before:

_sip._tcp.cisco.local.   SRV 10 10 5060 expe1.cisco.local

shall I replace  expe1.cisco.local by cluster name; like: expeCLUSTERName.cisco.local

Thanks 

Your SRV records can point to multiple expressway servers. Just add them and configure the appropriate priority or leave the weight and priorities the same of you want DNS server to load balance between them. 

Yes you need to change he host in my example SRV record to match your expressway way servers. Ensure you have SRV record for both tcp and udp as I posted. 

Be mindful that your MRA SRV records will be different for B2B one. 

Please rate all useful posts

As per the gudie I have to create FQDN of Expressway cluster: example.com

DO I need any A record for Expressay Cluster?

and if I want to create a cluster of expressay-C what is the name of Expressway-C cluster? In this case no SRV record for C

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: