cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway for multiple domains and UC clusters

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

I need assistant as I want to deploy single expressway MRA for 2 different UC clusters connected over intercluster trunks

What are the restrictions ?

Should the internal domain be identical on all clusters

Should the external domain be identical on all clusters

Should users on different cluster be able to chat each other

Can u provide me with a guide illustrate these points as i found only guide with configuration of same domain internal and external

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) You can have single EXP for two clusters provided you use the same domain for login for both clusters both internally and externally.

I have attached here a guide which i found on support form explaining the detailed configuration of such scenario. It will answer all your questions. Yes, Users in both cluster will be able to chat.

As Per the Below guide Below are the restrictions

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X12-5.pdf

Multidomain and multicustomer support is limited as follows:
— Before X8.5, each Expressway deployment supported only one IM&P domain. (Even though IM and
Presence Service 10.0 and later supports Multiple Presence Domains.)
— As of X8.5, you can create multiple deployments on the Expressway-C, but this feature is still limited to one
domain per deployment.
— As of X8.5.1, a deployment can have Multiple Presence Domains. However, this feature is in preview
status only, and we currently recommend that you do not exceed 50 domains

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) You can have single EXP for two clusters provided you use the same domain for login for both clusters both internally and externally.

I have attached here a guide which i found on support form explaining the detailed configuration of such scenario. It will answer all your questions. Yes, Users in both cluster will be able to chat.

As Per the Below guide Below are the restrictions

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X12-5.pdf

Multidomain and multicustomer support is limited as follows:
— Before X8.5, each Expressway deployment supported only one IM&P domain. (Even though IM and
Presence Service 10.0 and later supports Multiple Presence Domains.)
— As of X8.5, you can create multiple deployments on the Expressway-C, but this feature is still limited to one
domain per deployment.
— As of X8.5.1, a deployment can have Multiple Presence Domains. However, this feature is in preview
status only, and we currently recommend that you do not exceed 50 domains

Thanks,
Haris

You need to configure Intercluster Lookup Service (ILS) and Intercluster Peering for this to work & this requires that both internal CUCM be in Same domain.

Thanks,
Haris

@HARIS_HUSSAIN So What is about external domain, Should be the same domain also for single expressway deployment for multi cluster or can be different for the two clusters?

Another question plz:

What if the internal domain of two clusters are different ?

Better to keep external domain same for ease of configuration and easy migration from internal to external domain.

Thanks,
Haris

Thanks but in our case the internal is different than external

So what Shall I do

Is there a guide illustrate this in my deployment ?

Hi

Thank you gor your great document, that was perfect. I did all the steps as you mentioned in document, but there is a problem. I can register my jabber with just one of my CUCM cluster and with the other one I can just login to jabber and chat , but the phone service does not connect and the following error displays.

jsmithsepidarsystemcom_0-1692087203235.png

How can I solve this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: