Helpful
Replies

Expressway Insufficient UC Manager Telepresence Room License

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Expressway X.14 with smart licensing

Warning on the smart account:

Insufficient Licenses - The Virtual Account "Test" has a shortage of "UC Manager Telepresence Room License" licenses. 1 license is required to return to compliance.

I'm quite sure i don't have any registered devices on expressway or MRA registered ones on CUCM (even though this one shouldn't consume any room licenses from expressway), could it be that someone is trying to register an endpoint to my expressway domain and this is why I'm getting this alarm, i have checked the X14.2 release notes and administration guide and didn't find relevant information there, could someone guide me to the right direction here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
that's a well-known problem for many years now and is not only there since version X14.
An alarm is triggered, as soon as someone / something tries to register directly to the expressway (even if the registration is unsuccessfull).

In EXP-C --> Domain --> in your domain(s): Have you set the parameter "SIP registrations and provisioning on Expressway" to "Off"?
In all your EXPs: Browse to the URL https://<ip>/registrationconfig and set the policy to allow list (or you can set it to deny list and add an default entry, to block all registration attempts).

I think, this should be enough to prevent someone / something to register to the EXPs and to prevent an alarm (and therefore requiring a lic)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
that's a well-known problem for many years now and is not only there since version X14.
An alarm is triggered, as soon as someone / something tries to register directly to the expressway (even if the registration is unsuccessfull).

In EXP-C --> Domain --> in your domain(s): Have you set the parameter "SIP registrations and provisioning on Expressway" to "Off"?
In all your EXPs: Browse to the URL https://<ip>/registrationconfig and set the policy to allow list (or you can set it to deny list and add an default entry, to block all registration attempts).

I think, this should be enough to prevent someone / something to register to the EXPs and to prevent an alarm (and therefore requiring a lic)

@b.winter Would you mind to share screenshots of the registrationconfig part from an Expressway for clarity on what to define as per you response to the OP?

Response Signature

Expressway-C:
Unbenannt1.PNG

All Expressways:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenann1t.PNG

Hi friend.

I have tried the suggested steps in expressway-E but we still have license consumed for "UC Manger Telepresence Room License (12.x)" from expressway-E.

Before trying your workaround the license request was gone but 2 days after applying the workaround the license request appeared again.

Is there anything else we can do?

Our deployment is only MRA with Expressway 12.7.1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@Anas Hafez any update on this?

@b.winter 
Thanks for your reply, it has been really helpful but i didn't try the workaround you provided yet, i will try to apply it this week and feed you back if it has resolved my issue.

We put it in and it seems to work perfectly. I just forgot to update the post.

Response Signature