Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway - MRA - no Stand-by server

goliver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently switched our corporate remote workers from the old ASA phone proxy (I know - ancient) to MRA with Expressways using 88xx sets and Jabber mobile clients.

The jabber clients successfully get both UCM servers listed in their configurations, but all 88xx phones never get the Syand-by server populated in their configs.  This creates a maintenance issue obviously since the publisher can never be OOS.

The Expressway-C definitely finds both nodes by name when querying the Publisher, but I have no clue why the Stand-by server entry never gets populated.  The UCM group of the device pool has both listed and all other on-net phones get both.

I am unsure where to look as I have looked everywhere :)

Versions:

UCM - 10.5.2.17900-13

X-Way - X8.10.4

8845 - sip8845_65.12-0-1SR1-1

Anyone know what I am missing?

TiA!

-Greg

2 Replies 2

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

I believe there's still a limitation with MRA where phones and Jabber will not fail over to other CUCM nodes in case of primary CUCM node failure. This limitation is buried somewhere in a table in the Jabber Planning Guide and I wish it was mentioned in the Expressway MRA guide.

I read the workaround in case of primary CUCM failure is to change call manager groups in device pools so that a functioning CUCM is primary.

So the fact you don't see a standby CUCM may not be an issue because failover wouldn't work anyway.

I guess I'll dig through the docs more - you are correct, I just used the MRA doc :)

Just odd the jabber mobile clients have both nodes listed, but the  phones do not.  I guess I will learn to work around it :(

Thanks,

Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: