cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Expressway

What is the best way to confirm if a jabber device via expressway E has registered. Do go via the system, logs? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Rising star

Re: Expressway

Dear iptuser55,

I believe the best way is to check the logs on the Expressway, especially if the registration is there and not at the CUCM). Additionaly, you can retrieve useful information by selecting on Cisco Jabber Ctrl+Shift+D

Last but definitely not least, if you have a Cisco SSO account, you may use Collaboration Solution Analyzer - Collab Edge Validator (https://cway.cisco.com/csa/) to identify any errors during the registration process.

I hope these help,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Expressway

The status/logging is not the best in expressway, if you have access to CUCM it would be easier to just find the device and see if its registered, the IP of the device should be one of the IPs of Expressway-C if its registered over MRA vs On Net.  Other than that you dump the logs to syslog server and search for the following message:  Protocol="TLS" Method="REGISTER" To="sip:+14805555555@CUCM01.domain.com" Response-code="200" Level="3" UTCTime="2020-04-22 00:06:02,229"

The only issue with this is that you will get this message every 120 seconds by default.  Anyways I hope that helps.

Gear Misner
HyeTech Network & Security, LLC
@collabcowboy
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Future of Work Virtual Summit Day 5

Cisco COVID-19 Survey