Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending the greeting recording timeframe for a call handler

KennyBBIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question.  I'm still getting accustomed to this new IP phone system of ours and I can't seem to find a value to adjust for this user's request.  We have a call handler that we use to record bad weather memos for the company and its default greeting recording window is too short for management; they tend to get cut off before they can finish telling each division their schedules.  Is there a way to extend this recording timeframe to allow for a longer advisory message?

I'm using Cisco Unity Connection version: 10.5.1.10000-7 to manage VM, call handlers and the like.  I've found the 'Maximum message length' field, currently set to 300 seconds, but I believe that governs the messages left on a given voicemail box, not the greeting itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Greeting Length

Do the following procedure to specify how long the recorded greeting of a user can be.

To Specify Maximum Length of User Greetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Greetings, enter the maximum length in seconds in the field.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Greeting Length

Do the following procedure to specify how long the recorded greeting of a user can be.

To Specify Maximum Length of User Greetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Greetings, enter the maximum length in seconds in the field.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

If i upload an audio file bigger than 90 seconds i have to make this config?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

KennyBBIT
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be perfect; I had not visited this section of the management area before.  I was able to confirm that the setting was currently set to 90 seconds (which I would have thought would be long enough) and confirm that this manager was a part of the selected COS group.  I'm optimistic that this will work and I appreciate the prompt (and thorough) answer.