Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and LDAP

jimmychanga
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm in the process of configuring UCMBE for a small call center. We would like to have the folks who shifts to login to their phones so that their extension follows them around. We heavily rely on Microsoft AD, so naturally we intergrated CM with it. The issue comes down to have to get users to use a numeric number to login vs. the AD username (we standardized on firstname.lastname).

My inital solution was to create a separate username based on their extension, however I find this to be a little sloppy.

I'm interested in knowing if others have ran into this and if so what workarounds did you come up with?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create a custom extension mobility app, that works off of a numeric value, like say the user's telephone number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kN2xOYK3M8

That is a pretty interesting alternative. I would assume I could use the PIN for security purposes since it is part of UCM?

Do you happen to know if a documented example for creating this app exists?

Correct, I was just testing one possible way.

As for documentation, there is no one stop shop guide. It's having knowledge on: AXL, extension mobility, ip phone services, ip phone sdk, web servers, and a little programming.

The solution basically front ends the regular EM service with an AXL call to find out which user has that extension as their primary line.

PM me if you want to talk specifics.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Anthony

How did you configure this, as you showed in the youtube video.

Regards